Experienced Drug Crime Defense
Drug charges are always serious. They can affect your freedom and your future. It is important to remember that you have rights, and it is important to protect them.
Michael Spano has more than 30 years of experience in handling criminal cases. As the former chief assistant district attorney in Onondaga County, he knows how the prosecution approaches cases and tailors his strategies accordingly.
Give him a call today to discuss your particular situation.
New York Drug Possession Attorney Defending Against Drug Charges
Michael Spano represents clients facing all types of felony or misdemeanor drug charges in Syracuse and Central New York, including:
- Drug possession, drug sale or intent to distribute
- Prescription drug crimes (painkillers, stimulants, tranquilizers)
- Analog drugs
- Drug trafficking and conspiracy
- Manufacture or cultivation (methamphetamine labs, growing marijuana, cocaine)
- Drug crimes involving guns
- Being found with drugs on or near school grounds
- Driving while impaired by drugs (DWAI)
- Search, seizure and warrant issues
Federal Drug Prosecutions
Federal drug charges carry harsher sentences than state charges, and the arrest often comes after a long investigation. Michael Spano uses federal court experience and prosecutor insights to challenge warrants, wiretaps, informants and the foundations of the government’s case.
Drug Charges Involving Traffic Stops
A significant number of drug cases start with basic traffic stops. In these cases, there are many factors that need to be considered while building your defense strategy.
“I will ask the necessary questions. Did the police have a reason to stop you in the first place? Did the police have a valid reason to search your car? Did their evidence come from an illegal search and seizure? I will get the facts and I will build a case to protect your rights.” — Michael Spano