Answers To Your DUI Questions
If you have been arrested and charged with DWI, you probably have more questions than answers about what to do next, what your rights are and how to properly protect yourself. Seeking out experienced criminal defense counsel should be your first step.
“At my law firm, I routinely help people understand the situation they are facing and what I can do to help them. My name is Michael Spano, and I am a former chief assistant district attorney in Onondaga County, New York, with more than 25 years of criminal defense experience. As a DWI arrest lawyer in Syracuse, I am here to defend people who are accused of driving while intoxicated.”
You can contact Mr. Spano day or night. Call his office to arrange a no-cost consultation.
Answering Your Questions, Taking Action Quickly
For instance, we provide insight and aggressive representation for all the following concerns you may have:
- What will happen to my driver’s license? We can represent you to prevent a suspended license from occurring.
- Will I be able to drive while my DWI is pending? Your license is suspended at the first court appearance, but in general most people qualify for a hardship license and can drive back and forth to work. We can help you pursue this option.
- Will I face jail time? You can potentially face up to one year in jail if convicted of DWI. Michael Spano will diligently work to help you avoid jail. In many cases, first-time offenders are given three years’ probation.
- Will a DWI affect my insurance? In most cases, yes. Your insurance will be affected and will probably rise.
- What are the fines associated with DWI? Depending on whether this is your first offense or the amount of alcohol you have been found to have consumed, fines can range from a minimum of $500 to $1,000. For a subsequent offense, including in felony DUI/DWI cases, fines can reach as high as $10,000.
You Can Start With A Free Consultation
You can reach Michael Spano day or night — he returns calls and emails promptly. To discuss retaining us as your lawyer, call 315-350-3975 in the Syracuse area or send an email.